Thursday 19 December 2013

Merry Christmas!


Well, it’s that time of year. Good to sign off my “Today” programme interview with a Merry Christmas to Evan Davies. As Nick Hurd MP and I were exiting the BBC he spotted a picture of Margaret Thatcher on a wall. Said that was a sign that things are changing at the Beeb. However I pointed out there might just be a set of darts nearby.....

It was the annual Bubb clan gathering at the Royal Albert Hall for the Royal Choral Society's annual Carol service. A wonderful night celebrated by a 5000 strong audience singing lustily. Not to mention trumpeters from the Welsh Guard and the fine RAH organ at full throttle. My sister Lucy has a beautiful voice so not surprisingly is an active member of the RCS and was singing! And as a former Head Choir Boy I was in fine full throat

See here


Photo courtesy of David Fielding, head hunter by appointment.



My brother Nick was complaining my Blog has become too serious; but as I said when you get major extracts serialised in the Telegraph and read out at Select Committees you have a be a tad careful. Even for me!

And now I'm in Banbury. At the Horton Hospital. Walking up I got spotted by a chugger. I'm afraid I'm a mug for this and so I'm now a fully signed up member of the Greenpeace Arctic appeal. Saving polar bears. What could be better at Christmas?

No comments: