Monday 2 August 2010

Volunteering!

The recent Lambeth County Show, in that undiscovered London treasure Brockwell Park, was a riot of music, fun fares, flower stalls and general bric-a-brac and, importantly, lots of charity stalls. A great collection of brilliant local and national charities, and many Lambeth branches of national charities from Lambeth Autism through Alzheimer's, MS, to the Brixton and Herne Hill Societies. I got a rather fine Chrysanthemum plant from Arthritis Care!
And I joined up to the Friends of Windmill Gardens and put my name down to volunteer! Windmill Gardens is the site of Brixton's Windmill. Yes, an actual Windmill. Here it is:


It's just the other side of the Prison and my London house. A small Housing Association estate that has its own community garden and a small park much beloved by my wonderful Hound. Over the years (indeed believe it or nor 32!) I have been in Lambeth I have been involved in a whole range of charities and even set one up! It will be good to volunteer for this great local organisation. They have won Lottery funding to renovate the Windmill and Park. Excellent. Pop up and see it. Just up Brixton Hill. Amazing what you can find in London!

2 comments:

Dr Purva Pius said...

We Offer Loan At A Very Low Rate Of 3%. If Interested, Kindly Contact Us via email now (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

lcrenovation said...

Great post I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this interesting and knowledgeable article.
Renovations in Herne Hill