Friday 26 February 2010

Interviews and The Pope

A day of interviews! I'm the independent member and advisor on the Panel to appoint the new post of Commissioner for Victims. This is a key role that has been established to protect and promote the rights of victims of crime. An all day of interviews but with the bonus of a gorgeous evening ahead!

I have been asked for drinks with the Dean of Christ Church; my old College, and then to dine on High Table afterwards. A fitting end to what has been a manic week. Two Boards, a key note speech at the National Welfare to Work Convention, a Parliamentary Reception that I had to Chair, breakfast with the Chancellor: not to mention the day-to-day job of running the UK's premier third sector leadership body. I am whacked! I just want to curl up with a glass of champagne in front of lots of episodes of Coronation Street! But instead I have to go down to Brighton this weekend for the Conservatives Spring Conference! No rest for the wicked eh...

And talking of wicked (or not being) our Euclid Network Director, the stylish and energetic Filippo Addarii, has been summoned to the Pontifical Curia in Rome to discuss the arrangements for a possible audience with the Holy Father for Euclid. This rather puts my breakfast meeting with the Chancellor in perspective!!

No comments: