Monday 8 June 2009

Angela and TS Eliot

So a new Minister! But this time it's a Minister of State and not just a Parliamentary Secretary so the sector gets a promotion - and with Tessa also overseeing sector relationships as a Cabinet member. Good that she is a former Third Sector professional. She worked in the League Against Cruel Sports - a noble body indeed. And a former PPS to Gordon which is not unhelpful I guess! Let's wish her well at a difficult time in putting the third sector at the heart of Government policy. And great news that she will be making her first speech at our ACEVO CEO Summit on Thursday. It will be my first day back at work (touch wood) so I shall enjoy welcoming her. We also have Stephen Timms from HMT speaking and were having Vince Cable but he has to pull out as he is having an operation apparently. Must be all the rage.

I have had an email from the proprietor of the truly wonderful Plough Inn in Finstock- a great Pub which often dispenses fine ale and gourmet food to yours truly (and indeed to the Hound who enjoys the run over through the Cornbury estate). He corrects me on TS Eliot. He was received into the Anglican church (the proper Anglo Catholic bit of it naturally) in Finstock Church not Wilcote as I had blogged. So like The Guardian I am happy to make a correction here.

No comments: